Mr. Ishraq Rahman
MSc (Malaysia), BSc (Malaysia)
Room # Ext #
Mr Ishraq Rahman first joined the College of Nursing at IUBAT as a faculty in July 2018. He mainly teaches courses related to the biological sciences as that is his area of expertise.
Mr Rahman completed Bachelor of Science (Biotechnology) and Master of Science (Research) from Swinburne University of Technology. He was awarded the Swinburne Sarawak Academic Excellence Award and the Swinburne Sarawak Pathway Scholarship for his bachelor’s degree. His master’s degree was fully funded under the Swinburne Postgraduate Research Studentship.
Before joining IUBAT, he worked as a research assistant at Swinburne University of Technology. He has also completed industrial training at the microbiology laboratory of Sanofi Bangladesh Ltd. Furthermore, he was involved in several projects with the Aquatic and Environmental Sciences (AQUES) research group in Malaysia.
Mr Rahman’s main research interests include environmental microbiology and the effects of anthropogenic activities on various ecosystems. However, he is often open to collaborate in projects in other areas as well if those pique his curiosity.
MSc (Research) (Swinburne University of Technology, Malaysia)
BIO102-General Biology (Laboratory)
BIO220-Introduction to Microbiology
- Rahman, Ishraq, Al-Bar , Al-Hussain, Richard, Florina, Mujahid, Aazani& Mueller, Moritz 2021, ‘Chemotactic response of Vibrio coralliilyticusto the mucus of various coral species’, Canadian Journal of Microbiology, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1139/cjm-2020-0287 .
- Rahman, Ishraq, Palombo, Enzo A., Mujahid, Aazani& Mueller, Moritz 2021, ‘A functional gene-array analysis of microbial communities settling on microplastics in a peat-draining environment’, Marine Pollution Bulletin, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpolbul.2021.112226.
- Bala, Shuvashish D., Rony, Mostaq K. K., Sharmi, Priyanka D., Rahman, Ishraq, Parvin, Mst. R & Akhter, Tanzida 2021, ‘How Inadequacies in the Nursing Field Deteriorate the Quality of Health Care in a Developing Nation’, Annals of the Romanian Society for Cell Biology, https://www.annalsofrscb.ro/index.php/journal/article/view/6106.
List of awards and honours:
- Gold Medal in Innovation and Technology Expo (INTEX)
- Swinburne Sarawak Studentship
- Swinburne Sarawak Pathway Scholarship
- Swinburne Sarawak Academic Excellence Award
- Daily Star Award for Outstanding Achievement in IAL
- Daily Star Award for Outstanding Achievement in IGCSE
- Edexcel Award for High Achievers (IGCSE)
- Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award
List of selected extracurriculars:
- Public Speaker and Executive Committee at Toastmasters International
- Organizer of several educational outreach programs and science events
- Participant of several international competitions and conferences
- President of Swinburne Sarawak Biotechnology Club